Handbook » Records




Student records are maintained at the main office. Parents or Legal Guardians may contact the office to obtain a copy of student records. A copying fee may be assessed. If parents change their telephone number or e-mail address, they are asked to notify their Community Family Advisor immediately. Parents or Legal Guardians are responsible for keeping contact information current within the “My Account” section of the Online School (OLS). Emails will be sent to the address listed in the “My Account” section of the OLS, which must be updated by the parent or legal guardian. A new proof of residence will be required if any address changes are made.


In the event your address is different or needs to be changed, a new proof of residence is required in order to update your address in the K12 Virtual Schools LLC (Stride K12) and state systems. OVCA will need one of the documents listed below. Once the document has been submitted, our office will be happy to update your new address.
To confirm your address please follow the steps below:
  • Log into the OLS with your username and password;
  • Click “My Account” at the top right of your screen;
  • Select “My Account” from the dropdown menu;
  • Your address will appear.
Please submit one of the following documents as new a proof of residence:
  • Utilities (i.e. gas, electric or water/sewer billing)
  • Proof of internet service
  • Payment of ad valorem taxes
  • Local agreements or contract for purchasing/leasing housing
  • Mortgage statements
  • If living with someone else, a Shared Residence Affidavit must be completed.
Please ensure the proof of residence is in the name of the parent or legal guardian, otherwise the documents will not be accepted.
Please fax the new proof of residence to 405.259.9478, Attn: Address Change or email to ovcaefax@k12.com.
Additionally, you may email your new address and proof of residence to your CFA, who will notify the main office of the change.

If you have any questions regarding your address change, you may also contact the OVCA Administrative Office at 405.259.9478 ext 1014, Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm.


Transcripts are a permanent record of a student’s cumulative grades attained during high school and include information regarding courses completed, grades, rank and cumulative grade point average from any courses taken for high school credit. Courses taken for high school credit at a previous school will also be recorded. Copies of transcripts are available upon request from the registrar three weeks after each semester ends.


Directory information, which is information that is generally not considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if released, can be disclosed to outside organizations without a parent’s prior written consent. In addition, federal law requires Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy to provide military recruiters, upon request, with three directory information categories – names, addresses and telephone listings – unless parents or eligible students have advised Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy in writing that they do not want their student’s information disclosed without prior written consent.


This information is from the Board-approved OVCA Handbook for SY 2021-2022, revised September 2021.