Title IX and Non-Discrimination Notice
Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy is committed to providing an environment that is free from all forms of sex discrimination, which includes sex discrimination, sexual harassment (including sexual violence), as regulated by Title IX, and to insuring the accessibility of appropriate grievance procedures for addressing all complaints regarding all forms of sex discrimination and sexual harassment. Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy reserves the authority to independently deal with sex discrimination and sexual harassment whenever becoming aware of their potential existence, regardless of whether a complaint has been lodged in accordance with the grievance procedure. Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy reserves the authority to address sex discrimination and sexual harassment even if the same, similar or related circumstances are also being addressed under another policy, whether of Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy or another entity. Furthermore, Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy reserves the right to pursue sexual misconduct violations that fall outside of the scope of Title IX based on Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy’s judgment that the alleged actions are contrary to any part of its code of conduct.
Information and Assistance
Sex Discrimination and Sexual Harassment means conduct of a sexual nature that meets any of the following:
- Sex discrimination occurs when a person, because of their sex, is denied participation in or the benefits of any education program or activity that receives federal financial assistance.
Sexual harassment means conduct on the basis of sex that satisfies one or more of the following:
- A school employee conditioning education benefits on participation in unwelcome sexual conduct (i.e., quid pro quo); or
- Unwelcome conduct that a reasonable person would determine is so severe, pervasive, and objectively offensive that it effectively denies a person equal access to the school's education program or activity; or
- Sexual assault (as defined in the Clery Act), dating violence, domestic violence, or stalking as defined in the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). Sexual harassment can be verbal, nonverbal or physical.
Any individual, who believes they may have experienced any form of sex discrimination or sexual harassment, or who believes that they have observed such actions taking place, may receive information and assistance regarding the School’s policies and reporting procedures from any of the following:
- Title IX Coordinator: Angie Foust, firstname.lastname@example.org; (405) 259-9478 ext 2069; 1117 S Douglas Blvd Suite F, Midwest City, OK 73130
- Head of School: Audra Plummer, email@example.com; (405) 259-9478 ext 2041; 1117 S Douglas Blvd Suite F, Midwest City, OK 73130
- Director of Shared Services: Michelle Scionti, firstname.lastname@example.org; (405) 259-9478 ext 1010; 1117 S Douglas Blvd Suite F, Midwest City, OK 73130
Additionally, you may contact the Office of Civil Rights by calling 1-800-421-3481.
Source: OVCA Board Policy 3130: Anti-Discrimination Policy [PDF]