Teaching Accelerated Learners
Gifted & Talented
Unique Learning for Unique Kids
one–size–fits–all education program. Teaching gifted kids is about challenging their young, talented minds. It's about allowing these students the freedom that comes from flexible, individualized learning approaches, and the challenge that comes from an exceptional, engaging curriculum—both of which we provide.
The Right Curriculum for Accelerated Learners
- The K-8 curriculum is mastery-based, enabling students to advance when they're ready—not when the rest of the class is.
- World language courses in up to five languages are available to all students.
- The approach to learning is flexible and dynamic.
- K12 focuses on helping students reach their natural potential.
- Flexible schedule to allow the student to create a daily schedule nurturing talents and abilities.
- Opportunities to attend virtual and in person enrichment sessions with other gifted and talented students.
- Individual and group project based learning.
- Additional support of the gifted and talented resource teacher.
- Support enrolling in advanced courses and concurrent enrollment.
At OVCA, gifted kids think and learn out of the box.
For more information regarding the gifted and talented program at OVCA you may contact the Gifted and Talented Resource Coordinator.
Gifted and Talented Staff Members
Gifted and Talented Resource Coordinator & Teacher
Special Programs Manager
Public notice of OVCA Local Advisory Gifted and Talented Committee meetings and agendas can be found here.
Upcoming Committee Meetings
Past Committee Meetings
Wednesday, May 21, 2021 10:00 AM View Agenda [PDF]